Booking a table
We have five indoor tables which can be booked in advance. The outside area will be first come, first seated – up to a maximum of 12 people. Book through the online shop for the current week. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to book further in advance.
A deposit is payable when you book a table. This will be taken off your drinks bill during your session. There is no cash refund (there is one exception to this: if a single person does not use all their deposit, a cash refund will be offered). Booking does not guarantee service; ID may be required. Please allow 24 hours if you need to cancel; deposits will not be returned for cancellations on the day or no-shows.
We will be accepting walk-ins, however, we would prefer you to book in advance. This is the only way you can guarantee a table and will reduce the chance of waiting to be seated. It also allows us to plan and prepare more effectively.
We can accommodate group sizes from 1 to a maximum of 6. Each table has a maximum number of people allowed and it is not permitted to exceed this number at the table. Customers from one social group or table are not permitted to mix with people from another group or table. All tables are subject to availability.
We are required to request that all customers over 16 years old check in with the Test & Trace app or complete a contact details slip.
Please help us to comply with these laws and regulations.
Most table bookings are for 90 minutes – exceptions are Sunday afternoon (2 hours) and final booking of the evening (1 hour). Please arrive at the start time of your booking and no earlier. If you have not arrived 30 minutes after the start of your booking, we reserve the right to allow other customers to use the table.
Please do not visit our pub if you feel unwell. If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19, please return home immediately and isolate.
Please be ready to leave by the end of your booking slot. We need time to clean the table and prepare for the next customers. If the table is not booked after you and no other customers are waiting, we may be able to offer you an extension on your time until the table is required.
If we are unable to open due to government guidance or any other reason on the date of your booking, we will offer a full refund.
What to expect
When you arrive please wait outside in the designated queue area. We will come to meet you and show you to your table. This is because we need to manage the flow of people in and out of the pub through the single entrance.
- Please ensure you use the hand sanitiser provided on arrival and your wash hands thoroughly after using the toilet.
- Table service will be provided at all times.
- We ask that you remain at your table during your stay as much as possible, only moving around the pub to use the toilets. Do not move the furniture around the pub.
- A one-out, one-in policy will apply to the toilets. If both toilets are occupied, please wait at your table until we give you the nod that one has become free.
- Wherever possible please keep 2 metres away from other customers and staff.
- If you are using the outdoor seating area and the weather changes, unfortunately, there is no guarantee you will be allowed inside to shelter.
- Please respect these health and safety protocols and each other during your visit. These procedures are subject to change – we ask for your patience and understanding.
Well done for getting to the end of these T&Cs!